The Wilderness Tourism Association (WTAY):
- Provides a collective voice to deal with issues that affect the Yukon wilderness and adventure tourism industry.
- Ensures that the integrity of the wilderness resource is maintained.
- Encourages industry operators to strive for the highest possible standards and follow wilderness ethics and best practices.
- Develops and promotes the Yukon as a year-round wilderness tourism destination.
- Enhances the wilderness tourism industry through projects directed by the membership.
- Acts as a liaison with other organizations and governments.
- Operates the Yukon Wild marketing program.
Membership in the Wilderness Tourism Association of the Yukon (WTAY) is open to any individual or organization interested or involved in wilderness tourism in the Yukon. Our members are guides, outfitters, fishing lodge operators, equipment sales and rental companies, and more.
By joining the WTAY, you are making a valuable investment in your business and wilderness protection. We are at the forefront of wilderness tourism issues, regulations, and marketing initiatives in Canada. Besides supporting effective advocacy, you receive other important benefits. Visit the membership page to read about the benefits of WTAY membership.
Board of Directors
The activities of the WTAY are driven by an elected Board of Directors. The WTAY board is comprised of a 4 person executive, and directors. All positions are one-year terms, with elections being held at the spring annual general meeting. Committees are formed as needed to deal with specific issues or projects.
Staff and Office
The WTAY employs an administrator who works part time in the WTAY office at #4-1114 Front St. (in the Horwood's Mall at the corner of Main Street) in Whitehorse. Appointments are recommended.
The Yukon WILD Cooperative Marketing Program is managed by the marketing agency, Outside The Cube